Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Overheard At My Easter Dinner


My friend "Jenna" had us all rolling with this statement: "I love people from Jacksonville. They can say things like 'Poor Molly Sue. She is butt ass ugly and sleeps with anything with a pulse. Bless her heart.' Talk all the trash you want to... just throw in a 'Bless her/his heart' at the end and you are golden."

Hmmmm.... I am going to give this a try.

I saw a group of women on Camp Lejeune power walking with strollers today. Too bad they were stuffing their faces with ice cream so their snail's pace version of exercise was totally negated. Bless their hearts.

The manager at my gym gave up the juice a few years ago so his body mass has turned to fluff. That faux-hawk he is rocking at the age of forty something doesn't help either. Bless his heart.

That Wal-Mart cashier that checked me out last week has the IQ of a gnat and probably lives in a trailer park in Southwest. Bless her heart.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds rather familiar. Your friend Jenna sounds like she knows what she is talking about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah "Jenna" is famous for her one-liners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All true, even the one about the trailer park in SW.

    I say this because I live in one, and I'm surrounded by Walmart weenies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a soldier in the Army I was slightly offended here and there by what seemed to be a lack of appreciation and patriotism... But, then I pulled the stick out of my ass and thought of it from the perspective of the boy that grew up on Camp Lejeune and in Jacksonville and it made me laugh so much at how true so much of it is. Great Job. (Having a sense of humor doesn't mean you aren't a Proud American, keep it up!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, Chuck. I am just having some good hearted fun. I raised my right hand just like you did.

    ReplyDelete