Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sinkhole de Mayo

Jacksonville's three Mexican joints are sure to be packed for tomorrow's Cinco de Mayo festivities tomorrow night. Insipid all-Americana joints like Applebee's and Texas Roadhouse will try to fill the void by hawking their fajita platters and exotic Margarita-esque concoctions (Strawberry-Jalapeno Margarita!! Prickly Pear-Pomegranate Margarita Jello shots!!!!)

But there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon from Jacksonville's unofficial (yet much more proactive and creative) Chamber of Commerce...




You just know that legions of young men will come armed with bags of tortilla chips, preparing to scoop guac out of a stripper's ass crack.

Oh, Driftwood... you never cease to amaze me. You always take it to the lowest common demoninator but at least you always manage to give it the old college try.

4 comments:

  1. The Driftwood rocks! And what’s wrong with helping a stripper to clean things from her cracks. It’s downright American! Besides that, I think its somewhere in our constitutional rights to observe this great (Mexican) holiday in uniquely American. I say, bring on the strippers, the guacamole and pass the salsa poor-favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks for posts it reminds me that I am not the only person who laments about this horrible town

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose if you can't celebrate by overpowering the French or burning down a French restaurant...oh what you say JVegas has no French restuarants. How odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered this blog. In a few posts you have described exactly what I have been thinking since I moved here a year and a half ago. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete